Replacing your countertop will cost thousands of dollars. Our quality countertop refinishing service is cost effective & will save you a fortune.
Benefits of refinishing your countertop over replacing it:
- Our countertop refinishing service will save you up to 80% over the cost of replacement
- Countertops are very strong structures & don’t need to be replaced
- Burns, scratches, chips, & cracks can easily be repaired and then refinished
- We’ll make your damaged countertop look new
- The refinishing restoration process can be completed in a matter of hours
- You will be able to use your refinished countertop in 24 hours
Our countertop refinishing process:
- De-caulk around countertop
- Strip countertop, taking all sealants off
- Repair chips & scratches (chips and scratches are common to be found on countertops)
- Four step cleaning process (a thorough cleaning is very important for film coating to adhere to the surface)
- Four adhesive film coatings
- Four top film finish coatings
- Caulk surrounding countertop
Types of countertops we refinish or restore:
- Laminate countertop
- Ceramic Tile countertop
- Culture Marble countertop
Care & Maintenance
Due to the non-porous surface of the finish, there is no need to use abrasive cleaners. Any household liquid detergent will give you excellent results. To remove mineral stains, use mild acid solution such as a liquid bow cleaner. All organic coatings must cure. They start to cure from the time of application for a total of several weeks.
- Use the surface for 48 hours from the time of refinishing for solvent base chemical.
- Leave soap or shampoo on refinished surfaces for a long period of time.
- Use abrasive cleaner such as S-O-S pads, Comet, Soft Scrub, or Bleach.
- Use bath mats with suction cups.
- Pick up surface dust with fingers. Any surface dust will dissipate in 3-4 weeks with normal cleaning
- Allow a faucet to continue leaking onto the refinished surface.
- Clean thoroughly once a week.
- Use cleaning chemicals: Lysol Basin & Tile, Simple Green and Mr. Clean Liquid
Universal Refinish recommends diluting Simple Green with water. The ratio of mixing is 1 to 1.