Replacing your tub will cost thousands of dollars. Our quality bathtub refinishing service for the Atlanta area is cost effective & will save you a fortune. Imagine ripping your walls out just to fit in in the new tub, damaging the floors, needing a plumber, all the time involved and money spent on the renovation. Trust us we have been doing this for years and we know the headache that people save by just refinishing there tubs.
Benefits of using Universal Bathtub Refinishing Atlanta
• License and Insured
• State of the art equipment
• The tub refinishing process can be completed in a matter of hours
• You will be able to use your refinish tub in 24 hours.
Types of bath tub surfaces that could be refinished/reglazed:
- Cast Iron
- Cultured Marble
Our bathtub refinishing process:
- De-caulk around bathtub
- Remove drain and over flow cap
- Strip tub, taking all sealants off
- Repair chips & scratches (chips and scratches are common to be found in tub)
- Four step cleaning process (a thorough cleaning is very important for film coating to adhere to tub)
- Four adhesive film coatings
- Four top film finish coatings
- Caulk surrounding tub
Traditional bathtub removal and replacement involves tearing out tub, plumbing, ripping up floors, and damaging walls and can cost between $2,500 – $8,000. Universal Refinish has made removing bathtub obsolete and more economical to renovate a bathroom. The refinishing/restoration process can be completed in a matter of hours. We take your worn or outdated existing surfaces and add new life to them saving you nearly 80% over replacement. It is hard to believe why anyone would not want to refinish versus new during this difficult economic climate. Do-it-yourself kits can be a disaster and cost you double the original price of hiring a pro. We don’t use DIY kits like other companies. The DIY kits will last for 3 months and will start to peel.
Care & Maintenance
- Use the surface for 48 hours from the time of refinishing for solvent base chemical.
- Leave soap or shampoo on refinished surfaces for a long period of time.
- Use abrasive cleaner such as S-O-S pads, Comet, Soft Scrub, or Bleach.
- Use bath mats with suction cups.
- Pick up surface dust with fingers. Any surface dust will dissipate in 3-4 weeks with normal cleaning
- Allow a faucet to continue leaking onto the refinished surface.
- Clean thoroughly once a week.
- Use cleaning chemicals: Lysol Basin & Tile, Simple Green and Mr. Clean Liquid
Universal Refinish recommends diluting Simple Green with water. The ratio of mixing is 1 to 1.